Here are the new DVD and Video releases for Tuesday, October 2nd, 2001
THE TERMINATOR: SPECIAL EDITION (DVD)
THE MUMMY RETURNS: COLLECTOR’S EDITION (VHS & DVD)
PINK FLAMINGOES / FEMALE TROUBLE (DVD)
HEARTBREAKERS (VHSr & DVD)
FIDDLER ON THE ROOF: SPECIAL EDITION (DVD)
BOOGEYMAN (VHS & DVD)
MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM, Vol. 2 & 3 (VHS & DVD)
WHITE RIVER (VHS & DVD)
DESTINY IN SPACE [IMAX] (DVD)
HAIL COLUMBIA [IMAX] (DVD)
MISSION TO MIR [IMAX] (DVD)
CANCER WARRIOR (DVD)
QUEEN: WE WILL ROCK YOU (VHS & DVD)
Plus… DVD releases of *ROBOCOP, ROBOCOP 2, ROBOCOP 3, PRANCER, NOT WITHOUT MY DAUGHTER, BRANNIGAN, MOLL FLANDERS (Unrated), CLAMBAKE, COLORS, AMERICAN NINJA, HEART OF DIXIE, KANSAS, MAKING THE GRADE, RUNNING SCARED, SHE-DEVIL, CORNBREAD EARL AND ME, ACROSS 110th STREET, FIVE ON THE BLACK HAND SIDE, BUCKTOWN, HELL UP IN HARLEM.
– The original TERMINATOR film being released on DVD this week has not only been digitally remastered with a brand new 5.1 stereo mix, but also enhanced with newly-discovered deleted scenes featuring audio commentary from director James Cameron, and a new documentary featuring both the cast and crew.
– THE MUMMY RETURNS Collector’s Edition DVD released today offers some outtakes from the hit sequel, as well as audio commentary from director Stephen Sommers. The disc is loaded with other extras, including an exclusive conversation with The Rock, and an Easter egg allowing DVD-ROM access to the production site of THE SCORPION KING.
– Jennifer Love Hewitt and Sigourney Weaver team up on an audio commentary track on the DVD release of their comedy HEARTBREAKERS, in stores this week. Other highlights on the disc include a blooper real and a “making of” documentary which follows things from casting through theatrical release.
– The 30th Anniversary Special Edition DVD of FIDDLER ON THE ROOF released this week features Paul Michael Glaser’s never-before-seen song “Any Day Now,” along classics including “If I Were A Rich Man,” “Matchmaker,” and “Sunrise, Sunset.” The disc includes a documentary from filmmaker Norman Jewison with a new video introduction, audio commentary from him and the star of the film, and Jewison reading the stories of Sholom Aleichem.
– BOOGEYMAN is the first release from FLIXMIX, who combine classic movie scenes from film favorites into one ultimate collection. Featured are scenes from films including TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE, I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER, A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET, SCREAM, HALLOWEEN, HELLRAISER, PSYCHO, CHILD’S PLAY 2, CANDYMAN, WISHMASTER, and LEPRECHAUN. The DVD includes a handful of extras including trivia and audio commentary from Robert Englund.
‘MAD MAX’ & ‘BUCKAROO BANZAI’ Coming To DVD
MGM Home Entertainment has scheduled a January 4th release for the DVD debuts of MAD MAX and THE ADVENTURES OF BUCKAROO BANZAI. Both are getting the Special Edition treatment — MAD MAX includes over two hours of bonus material including a documentary and audio commentary, and even features Mel Gibson’s original audio track instead of the dubbed American version we’ve been stuck with all these years…
BUCKAROO BANZAI includes a rare prologue sequence starring Jamie Lee Curtis, never-before-seen deleted scenes restored with director’s commentary, and a “making of” documentary with stars Peter Weller, John Lithgow, Jeff Goldblum, Ellen Barkin, and Christopher Lloyd. It’s also the first MGM release to include NOUN-enhanced interactive technology, allowing viewers extras like behind-the-scene facts, and a Gamma Zoom Composer feature enabling you to view pre-selected close-up zooms of interesting scene elements.
Gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme…
Berkley Takes Recurring Role On ‘TITUS’
DAILY VARIETY reports Elizabeth Berkley (Showgirls, Saved by the Bell) has signed on to a multi-episode arc on the FOX sitcom TITUS. Berkley, who will appear in at least 3-5 episodes, will play Shannon Titus, the title character’s globetrotting, do-gooder sister.
Okay, but is there a lap dance to be had?!?!?
“BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER” Premieres Tonight On UPN
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER makes its UPN premiere tonight with a two-hour episode starting at 8 pm Eastern. As you may recall, BUFFY died in the show’s WB series finale last May, so the big question is just how she’ll be brought back to life. The episode finds her friends trying to defend Sunnydale without her help, and had Giles so racked with guilt that he starts to contemplate returning home to England.
Here are the new music releases for Tuesday, October 2nd, 2001
GARBAGE Beautifulgarbage (Interscope)
Soundtrack BULLY (OCF)
DWIGHT YOAKAM South of Heaven, West of Hell (WB)
RAY ROMANO Live At Carnegie Hall (Columbia)
BLINK 182 In the Spotlight With Blink 18 (Matrix)
THREE 6 MAFIA Choices (Loud)
YES Magnification (Beyond)
ELTON JOHN Songs from the West Coast (Universal)
LYLE LOVETT Anthology, Vol. 1: Cowboy Man (MCA Nashville)
BILLY JOEL Essential (Columbia)
THE REMBRANDTS Lost Together (Navarre)
Plus… GIPSY KINGS, OYSTERHEAD, ARMAND VAN HELDEN, CHIMAIRA, BELA FLECK, JUDY COLLINS, DJ IRENE, BEENIE MAN, JONATHAN GOLDMAN, ANNI McCANN, PAT HANEY, FLEXX G and BUSHMAN.
Morissette Reveals “Rug” Details
Alanis Morissette has released a tentative track listing for her new album, “Under Rug Swept.” Due out in February, the MAVERICK Records release is expected to feature “Fear of Bliss,” “21 Things I Want in a Lover,” “Narcissus,” “A Man,” “That Particular Time,” “So Unsexy,” “Sister Blister,” “Bent 4 U,” “Sorry to Myself,” “Hands Clean,” “Precious Illusions,” and “Utopia.” Morissette has also made “Utopia” available for download through her website “in the spirit of wanting to offer comfort to everyone who is grieving.”